Monday, November 17, 2008

Corn dog... um... muffins?

Ok, so it sounds a little weird but my family loves corn dog muffins! They go great with soup, chilies and stews - the perfect thing to round out your meal tonight. And, as you can guess, they taste just like corn dogs!

To your favorite corn muffin recipe (that makes 24 muffins) or 2 (8 1/2 ounces each) cornbread mixes add the following:

2 T brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 pkg. hot dogs, chopped
(1 - 11 oz. can of corn is also listed but I've never used it)

In a bowl, combine corn bread mix and brown sugar. Combine eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients until moistened. Stir in corn and hot dogs (batter will be thin). Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400 for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Yield: 1-1/2 dzn.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
My family will love this. We haven't eaten hotdogs in a long time, but I know this will be a new favorite.

Anonymous said...

So, I made these today...they are pretty yummy. Mine sort of fell apart alot, but I added the corn...also I did not have any of those muffin papers so I had to use the Pam spray. Hmmm

Fruitful Harvest said...

What a great idea! Looks easy and can be made for scratch! Very cool~
My 6 kiddos would love them!

Peace in Christ,
Georgiann

Anonymous said...

Well, we finally got to put it on our menu and made them today. My family really liked them a lot. My husband wants me to make them for him to take to work for his lunch. My son (who is pretty picky) really liked them too. Thank you, Jennifer for sharing your recipe with us.