Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sloppy Joes


Can you believe that, up until my mid-twenties, I didn't know that you could make sloppy joes with out one of those little packets from the grocery store ? Yes, really. Since that little revelation, I've researched sloppy joe recipes for years and this week I finally found a keeper. Try this one out for your family... it's slightly altered by me but from a new book called Eat This Not That for Kids. A very interesting little read.

Sloppy Joes

1 lb. hamburger
1 medium onion, diced
1 carrot, peeled and diced
1 medium green bell pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup ketchup
1 Tbs. chili powder
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
4 buns

A little spicy and very tasty. We used 1 1/2 pounds and it went for all seven of us. Yum!

1 comment:

Brenda @ Tie That Binds Us said...

Awesome! Our favorite dinner (the kids especially) is slopppy joes! I add a little bit of brown sugar to sweeten them, and hubby puts sliced pickles on them, sometimes avocados and they are always a big hit. I usually buy the "good" buns cause the dinner is so cheap!