Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Chicken Tonight, Chicken Tonight

Since we had a major catastrophe here last night - my crock pot broke - tonight we will be having a substitute for what I had planned. It's a favorite around here.

Chicken Nuggets

2 lbs. chicken breast
2 cups crushed cereal (cornflakes or whatever you want to use up, my kids are not liking the Safeway brand organic cheerios I bought, so I'll pulverize those until recognizable!)
2 tsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Italian herb seasoning
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder

Preheat oven to 400

1. Cut chicken in to bite sized pieces, it is so much easier when your it's slightly frozen.
2. Put cereal in a zip lock bag and crush with a rolling pin.
3. Add spices to the bag and close it tightly, shake to combine.
4. Add chicken, a little at a time, to your zip lock bag and shake to coat.
5. Lay chicken pieces on a lightly coated cookie sheet so that they are in a single layer. Bake until golden, about 12-14 minutes.

Add a little honey to mustard for a dipping sauce and a side of rice, potatoes or pasta along with a green salad and you've got a dinner that everyone will be raving about, even your most picky eater.


Maureen said...

Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you... that is what we will be having too. Now off to defrost the chicken ;-)

Have a great day!

mpence said...

Thanks for another great recipe! My family enjoyed it!

Fruitful Harvest said...

My kiddos love homemade nuggets too!
I use Ritz crackers for mine!

Yummy.....thanks for the reminder!

Warm Blessings,