Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Little Reflection


Tomorrow is my oldest child's birthday. She's growing up to be such a sweet and lovely young lady.
I was just sitting here thinking about the day she was born. We happen to have a video tape with us at the hospital. I was so very young! If I (me now) saw a girl at nineteen having a baby I would just shake my head, wondering if that child would even have a chance.
But somehow, motherhood changes most of us. I was a rebellious, rude and obnoxious (at best!) teenage girl. As soon as I had that baby though, I looked out at the world through different eyes some how. Isn't weird how that works?
This baby was such a gift from God. I am so very thankful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen and Happy Birthday S! Apologies for not keeping track of the date, but how old will she be? I really enjoyed reading her blog, you've done an extraordinary job, I suppose with the help of my brother =) raising such a beautiful young lady. I am proud to be related to you all! Much Love, your SIL!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I don't update as often as I should. I have a hard time thinking of blog-worthy news to share.
Stephanie wanted to call Serenity yesterday for her birthday but she couldn't find your phone number listed on the internet. Can you email me and give it to me so she can call with belated birthday greetings?
kathyh_fl (at) bellsouth (dot) net

Emily the Great and Terrible said...

Happy Birthday Serenity!

Jennifer, from what I've seen, your daughter is such a sweetie and so beautifully wholesome. You really should be proud!

The cakes on her blog were awesome, too. I used to be really into cake decorating but she truly has a talent. There's some good work-at-home money in making event cakes.

joanna said...

Happy Birthday, Serenity! You have a beautiful spirit-- lovely both inside and out!
I wish you all still lived over here but I am happy to have discovered your blog!
Joanna Allinson
(Homeschoolers in Christ)
http://raisinglittleallinsons.blogspot.com/