Monday, October 20, 2008

On my bookshelf...

This was such an informative book! There are recipes for so much more than jams and jellies, all sorts of condiments, in fact. Ketchup, mustard, relishes, flavored oils and lots more. There were recipes not just for the summer months either, many for winter-time marmalade using cranberries and oranges, I can't wait to try those, what wonderful gifts they will be.

Since it was borrowed from the library, I sat for several hours copying recipes that I thought I could use on to 3x5 cards.

I hope you love it as much as I did.
This one had less usable information for me, but was well written and easily understandable for the beginner. I am wanting to try having chickens, but since we live right in town, we'll have to go rooster-less and the other animals just won't work for us. But, if you are looking in to or just interested in the topic, check this book out.

1 comment:

Fruitful Harvest said...

Hi~I just wanted to chime in..I live west of the mountains in Washington State. We just got some chickens this summer. I think they are all hens,but once we ended up with several roosters. We took them to the auction. WE fore warned our nieghbors,they knew that IF we had any roosters it would not be for long.
We only have 4 baby hens and we'll have to wait til spring for eggs.

Peace in Christ,
Georgiann