Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Brotherly Love

Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another. Romans 12:10

I am overwhelmed with the generosity of another family.

A little background, we lived in Marysville, a small town way out from where we wanted to be, for 18 months. We could afford a big enough house there for all of the children that we had with us at that time. We lived there just long enough to meet a wonderful Christian family with eight children. One little thing, though, they didn't speak much English. They moved from the Ukraine eight years ago.

This family has been nothing but a blessing to us. From the example of their well behaved and moral children to their love for others.

I am still in shock. Today, this man, his son and two friends came to my house (near where they'd been fishing), 300 miles from their home. He picked up my car, that has not been running for a year and a half. He is taking it home to put a new engine in it. He is not charging us for the engine. Or the gas. Or the rental price of tow dolly. Or any money for labor. I am sure they have no idea what this means to us. My soon-to-be sixteen year old daughter will have the opportunity to learn to drive. It will save us an incredible amount of money in gas, due to the fact that my husband is driving a 16 passenger van back and forth to work daily. We have not had the money to fix it, and to be honest, I thought it would never happen.

My husband and I were talking... "If this was anyone else, it would seem suspicious. We would wonder... why are they being so nice?"

These people have gone out of their way, above and beyond to help us where they can. The wife, through our daughters taught me how to make pickles when I was up to my ears in little babies and thought that I could never learn how to can. They've blessed us with friendship. I am amazed.

I pray that I can take their example of how to treat others, especially other believers, and learn from them. I want to pass on their kindness and true Christian love to others. Above all I pray that they are blessed 100 fold.

Thank you!

3 comments:

Grace said...

Yippie Jesus! I am so glad you have been blessed in this way. God is so good!

yalisha case said...

Oh, WOW! What wonderful friends you have!
I've been praying for your car for so long- even before we really knew each other. I'm so happy! (Even if it does mean the end of our family game "Spot the big van and guess whether Mr. M is headed to work or home for supper")
And, btw, I feel the same way about you- you blessed me with so much calm and faith when I needed it. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! It's an amazing thing to be part of the family of Christ. What a blessing :)