Friday, April 10, 2009

For Your Viewing Pleasure...

My dad called. He said that we didn't have enough pictures of our Seder (!) and he wanted to see everyone who came.

This is Al and his wife, Emma. Al comes to Torah study on Saturday afternoons. They brought a good friend of theirs, Alva, who has recently returned from a trip to Israel.

This is Hector. He and his wife, Susan and three children came. They live around the corner from us and have been learning about their Jewish roots for about a year or so. They've come over to welcome the Shabbat with us many a Friday evening and now are lighting candles and baking challah at home too.

Judy and David are a nice couple. Judy comes to Torah study and loves all the children. I especially enjoy talking with her as she has her master's degree in Early Childhood Education. I was in childcare/preschool during my working years so I enjoy her wealth of knowledge in the area.



Here is one of the Seder plates.



This is my dear friend, Alena. She's ready to have her baby any time - she just got her birthing pool out and blown up today. I know what a sacrifice it was for her to come, she's not feeling well here at all but she made it along with her husband and two little girls.




I had to add a picture of my kids. I can't resist.



Here is a shot from the head of the table.
In my previous post you will see two of our favorite ladies, both widowed, Sandy and Peggy. They also attended, Sandy brought her daughter, Ami. Mike and Karen are the couple that were directing the dinner, Mike teaches our Torah study group.
This one's for you, Dad!

2 comments:

Dalyn said...

Fantastic! Ours was very quiet, at home, just us. Yours looks like a party!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Seder. If you don't mind my asking, what haggadah do you use?