Tuesday, December 22, 2009

On The Bookshelf

Come to the Table a Celebration of Family Life by Doris Christopher is a sweet book full of good ideas and ways to make memories for your family. Many people's traditions and experiences are outlined by holiday and season of the year. It was thought provoking for me, a mother who continually tries to evaluate the time commitment verses the actual quality of the experience for my children. It's nice to read what other families have done.

A second book that has been on my shelf recently is Healing through Exercise by Jorg Blech. Most of it, I could have guessed but it is reassuring to read how wonderful exercise is for the body. While reading this, I often thought of the verse in I Timothy, "For physical training is for some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come." 4:8. If physical exercise can change the quality and length of your life so drastically, how much more than can godliness change us?

No comments: