Saturday, November 7, 2009

Saturday Morning...

My shabbat-ing family is still sleeping, that is everyone over the age of ten. The smart ones. My four youngest have been up for hours (ah, that time change really is a blessing, isn't it?) and, of course, so have I.

I made french toast for all who were up and then put some pumpkin bread in the oven for the Torah study that meets at our house later this afternoon. The house is a wreck, no one wants to clean anything up on Friday nights so there are still dishes in the sink, candles on the table and crumbs all around from last night's bread breaking.....

Although today is a day of rest, the truth is in that old saying, "A women's work is never done." I can relate!

I am, however, enjoying the fact that my little ones are playing well together and there is a wonderful aroma coming from the kitchen. As I pick up and tidy, I really am thankful for today.
Pumpkin Bread - makes three loaves

3 cups pumpkin puree
1.5 cups vegetable oil
4 cups sugar
6 eggs
4.75 cups flour
1.5 tsps. EACH: baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg

Preheat the oven at 350 and prepare your loaf pans. Mix wet ingredients and then the dry ingredients, then mix both together. Pour in to pans and bake for about 50 minutes. Loaf should spring back when touched.

1 comment:

mpence said...

You used the exact same recipe that I did! Hope you enjoyed your pumpkin bread - I know we sure did!