Sunday, August 3, 2008

Really Fresh Fruit

You just can't beat really fresh fruit. Not the kind you buy at the grocery store (incidentally, do you know that the fruit sold at Fred Meyer, here in our little town, is shipped from here, to the warehouse in Portland and then back?) but the kind that comes straight off the tree in to your hand.

Today Sissy and I scored big at the farmer's market. I know that's not as good as picking it yourself but you often place the money in to the hands that actually did. Anyway, I spent a lot of time there today looking for peaches. Everything was $1.69. I finally found one farmer with nectarines for $1.50 a pound and was able to bargain this 30 pound tote of nectarines down to $20.00.

And I have to tell you, these are some of the best I've ever eaten. The juice drips down your elbow. Mmmm.... really fresh fruit.

No comments: